Monday 11 June 2012

Tinkering

It seems since finishing uni Ive been struggling to get stuck in to a gaming project. I have a Dystopian wars weekend event to write which is coming on but Im really waiting for the buzz to arrive on that one, the kind of energy that makes you work feverishly till a project is done. So Ive been biding my time, painting a bit of this and that; so I decided to get the old inherited Imperial Guard out and give them a lick of paint. Its a super simple scheme, got to be for that many infantry and vehicles right? Anyway, 2 Infantry squads, 1 junior officer squad with commissar and a command squad with a few advisers done so far; more underway. 




6 comments:

  1. Looking good man. How much IG stuff do you have sort out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers bud. Im not too sure to be honest, if we are just talking the Cadians then maybe 80 - 100 infantry, some bigger stuff like 6 Ogryns, 4/5 sentinels possibly more and around 15 tanks ish. All the Cadians and a fair whack of the tanks were my old mans army so Im not 100% on the inventory; but theres more than enough to keep me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should keep you busy until 6th Ed comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very possibly yea, I had thought enthusiasm may last for them to be my first force in use for 6th. Here's hoping it benefits Guard, but then I have enough options models wise to be able to make whatever suits..... hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good bud,nice to see more guard getting attention. Been working quite intensively my self, 30 praets just about finished and started on two chimeras and second hydra this weekend. Thought the gaming urge has ebbed a bit the painting is absolutly flowing. Just one question though, why did you choose to paint your bases grey? We all know blue is better.:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately I made the stupid decision to paint the raven guard bases grey, after the even more stupid decision to paint one of my tables grey and the guard are sharing a flying base with the RG.

      Should have done a blue table years ago :P

      Delete