Wednesday 22 February 2012

The sons of Corax

It took an age but I finally got the last of my Raven Guard model and now they are painted. The army paint job is nothing flash, busy in my 3rd year of uni I havent time for flash; but they are more than serviceable.
Ive only had one game with them so far, it was against Mart who was using my Word bearers; so my army was going to win either way ha ha. Anyway it was a great game, I wish Id had a camera as some of the maneuvers were very very Raven Guard 'I will be everywhere' and I bloody well was an all. So first steps a good one and I hope to continue to really love playing with these.






































this last pic is my doubles force for the coming weekend, small, hard to kill and packing a punch........ which will hopefully complement me being, loud, drunk and probably a little distracted.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice. Like the look of the army all together.

    What codex are they using btw? I presume not vanilla marines, what with the Storm Raven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bud. Its a Blood Angels list, as its the only one I could get the fast action flavour with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yeah course. Just a shame to have the element of the Red Thirst in there despite it not really being very RG. But still, should work well I assume? Look forward to getting a game in against them. Maybe if there is time this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im bringing them so we shall see what happens. Yea the red thirst is a bit of an oddity, but Corax's reaction in the heresy novel is very dark and he really promotes hating the enemy; so I can kind of pass it off as extreme hatred.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aye, there is always a way to write in something to make it all work.
    How many points you got in the end then?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a 2k list standard but the termies are an addition, so I think it comes to 2200 ish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking very good. Really impressive how you have made an historiaclly accurate army of the entire legion after Istvann!!

    Red thirst could be used as a reference to the reminence of the corruption of the gene seed of the Raptors still showing through. Pretty sure that as the legion was so decimated Corax would still have used (though genetically refined) the raptors gene seeds to re-establish the legion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea true and yea I really wanted to capture every single legionaire, of course that wasnt many so I had to spend points on vehicles to make them fit ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good game, I should have given you more of a stuggle! But I got put off by the drop pod!! lol been a while.... looks great!

    ReplyDelete